The Export Awards operate as a two-tier process, with exporters first achieving ACT distinction through the ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards program and then winners progressing as national finalists. As a finalist in the Australian Export Awards, ACT Award winners will be benchmarked against their peers across the country, with winners receiving national recognition for their international success.
The ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards are the Territory’s most prestigious business awards.
They acknowledge the innovation, hard work and success of businesses, large and small, in reaching new global markets. The Awards recognise the important contribution that Australian Capital Territory businesses make to the local economy through job creation and increased prosperity in the community.
Join the likes of businesses such as Aspen Medical who have been ACT Category winners and gone on to be recognised for their outstanding export success with an Australian Export Award.
Using agreed guidelines, the ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards is managed and delivered by Canberra Business Chamber on behalf of the ACT Government.
BENEFITS OF ENTERING
The ACT Award categories offer an opportunity for exporting businesses of any size or in any industry to enter. The benefits of winning a prestigious award can make entering a worthwhile investment of your time.
The Canberra region has a dynamic and successful exporting community
- Many past category winners are well-known – companies such as Aspen Medical, Seeing Machines, Windlab, Inland Trading, Datapod, Intelledox and IE-Asia-Pacific. Each year, refreshingly new exporters emerge as category winners such as On The Go and iSimulate. As either an established or new exporter, your company could join the list of successful Canberra region exporters.
Enter the Awards, give your business a health check, and enjoy the rewards and recognition associated with the Awards
- The Awards provide an opportunity for you to use the entry process as a health check for your business. Preparing an application will help identify the strengths and weaknesses of your business, assess your export strategies, progress and note areas where further work may need to be done.
- Winning an award distinguishes you as a market leader, boosting your company’s reputation as a successful exporter.
- You gain exposure to influential and valuable networks, which can open up new business opportunities.
- You increase your brand awareness and generate marketing opportunities.
54th Australian Export Awards – National Finalist Benefits
All category winners from the ACT are automatically entered into the 54th Australian Export Awards, where you are a National Finalist, opening the door to even more exciting opportunities.
- An opportunity to vie for the Australian Exporter of the Year Award;
- Austrade will prepare a comprehensive media/publicity campaign highlighting the success of all National Finalists;
- An Australian Export Awards National Finalist certificate;
- Profile as a National Finalist on the Australian Export Awards website (www.exportawards.gov.au);
- Networking with all finalists at the Finalist Lunch prior to the National Awards Ceremony;
- Opportunity to participate in the Masterclass conducted by a specialist facilitator; Two complimentary tickets to the Australian Export Awards National Awards Ceremony at which 12 national category winners and the Australian Exporter of the Year will be announced;
- Opportunity to network with other leading exporters, export facilitators, key Government officials and sponsors who support Australian exporters; and
- Entitlement to use the national Australian Export Awards logo for your corporate marketing materials.
- Feedback from national judges on your application
- Access to APEC Travel card (National finalists are exempt from the business certification requirements)