Aspen Medical was named ACT Exporter of the Year at the 2017 ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards.
“All the finalists are successfully exporting their goods and services around the world,” Canberra Business Chamber CEO, Robyn Hendry said. “It was a very tight race in all the categories.
“However, Aspen Medical is a very deserving winner and its 2017 title follows on from its win in 2015. In just over a decade, Aspen Medical has grown into an international business. It operates across Australia, the Pacific, Africa, the Gulf region, the United Kingdom and the USA, and employs more than 2,500 staff.”
“Each of the finalists in last night’s Awards have achieved outstanding growth in international markets over the past year. They have opened doors across the globe, not only for their own goods and services, but for Canberra Region businesses as a whole,” Ms Hendry praised.
The ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards recognise the innovation, hard work and success of businesses, large and small, in reaching global markets.
“Securing export sales helps local companies expand and employ. Our businesses trading overseas play a role in ensuring we have a diverse, strong economy here in the ACT,” Ms Hendry said.
The ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards pay tribute to outstanding businesses in both ACT and national categories. Winners in the national categories will go on to compete at the Australian Export Awards being held in Canberra in December.
The following businesses won the ACT categories:
- Exporting Government Solutions: Royal Australian Mint
- Exporting to Asia: TelSoft
- Emerging Exporter Category: Auraya Systems
In the national categories the winners were:
- Agribusiness: automed
- Business Services: Cogito Group
- Creative Industries: Full Point Films
- Education and Training: iSimulate
- Environmental Solutions: ITP Renewables
- Health and Biotechnology: Aspen Medical
- Digital Technologies: Seeing Machines
- E-Commerce: Today’s Plan
- Minerals, Energy and Related Services: ITP Renewables
- Regional Exporter: TelSoft
- Small Business: IE Asia Pacific
ACT Exporter of the Year: