Navigating Australia’s free trade agreements can be tough on your own, whether you’re an importer, exporter or investor. Complex legal processes and tricky red tape mean it can be difficult to make the most of trade agreements for your business.
That’s why the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry has teamed up with Lexbridge, a specialist international trade and investment legal practice, to establish the Australian Chamber-Lexbridge Trade Law Support Service.
Lexbridge’s lawyers have advised across the breadth of trade and investment law issues, and have worked on some of most significant investment and trade disputes in the past decade. They have also negotiated key aspects of most of Australia’s free trade agreements, including those with China, Korea and Japan.
The Australian Chamber-Lexbridge Trade Law Support Service provides a limited number of annual subscribers with legal assistance, including:
- Explaining entitlements to treatment under trade agreements (including market access and non-discrimination obligations and protection for investments);
- For goods trade: assessing eligibility for a preferential tariff under trade agreements, and if so, identifying the applicable rate and any requirements to claim the preferential tariff;
- For services trade and investors: identifying whether you are entitled to preferential market access under trade agreements;
- Advising on behind-the-border regulations and technical barriers to trade;
- Advising on protections for intellectual property;
- Explaining any available dispute settlement options under trade agreements;
- Explaining the meaning and effect of any other part of trade agreements; and
- Offering broader advice to help you take advantage of trade and investment opportunities.
Three hours of legal assistance (via phone or email) on these topics is available for an annual subscription fee of $550 (including GST).
If queries are too complex to resolve in three hours, subscribers will receive a response outlining the issues that need to be addressed and a competitive, no-obligation quote for the further advice.
Get the advice you need today
The Australian Chamber-Lexbridge Trade Law Support Service has a limited number of subscriptions available. For more information email email@example.com.